IN THE NUMBER, LLC
Last updated on August 9, 2018
(this “Website”) is made available by In The Number, LLC, an Ohio limited liability company ( referred to herein as the “Company”, “In The Number,” “we” or “us”).
- On this Website;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and,
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
apply to information collected by:
- Any third party sites where we post content or invite your feedback, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or YouTube (“Third Party Sites”);
- Any company that we do not own or control;
- The actions of people that we do not employ or manage; or,
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
You should always check the privacy policies of third parties when providing personally identifiable information through any of the above.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
What Information We Collect About You:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
Who will be collecting information from you:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline or tracked across web services (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as persistent identifiers;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details, IP address, operating system and browser type;
- About your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking); and/or,
- That details your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
How We Collect information from you:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, which includes information provided at the time of purchase and check out, subscribing to any news letters or email list, chatting or leaving us a message, or any other time when you directly type in information on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and/or,
- Your search queries on the Website.
- As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on or through public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (“User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “Notify me when this product is available” or “Add me to the newsletter” feature of our Website, we may contact you when the product is available and/or send you our newsletter;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- To store information about your preferences, which allows us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognize you when you return to our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or,
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including such events that occur as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the related due diligence;
- To third parties in order to market our products;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or,
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responses to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of In The Number, our customers or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your contact information used by In The Number to promote the Company, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchased from our Website.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com . We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Your privacy and the security of your information is important to us. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
SITE SECURITY MEASURES:
We will take reasonable security precautions to keep your personal information confidential, and we will comply with all applicable laws regarding the storage of such personal information.
VISIT THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES:
The information we collect will be stored and processed in the United States. The laws of the United States may offer less protection than the laws of your place of residence, if you are located outside of the United States. Your personal information will only be kept as long as needed for the purposes described above.
In the event that our Website is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we will comply with all requests for access to information we store about you, to have inaccurate or unnecessary information updated or deleted, and/or to ask us to stop using your information in a certain way. Please note that you also may have the right to file a complaint with your local EU regulator.